Work collaboratively with team members to bring subrogation claims to resolution while striving for a maximum success rate. Must be able to effectively evaluate liability, conduct causation and liability analysis, identify all at-fault parties and other sources of recovery and place parties on notice of claim. Ability to confirm and document damages, send demands, negotiate settlements, and represent the interests of our clients and their insureds. Must possess a general understanding of various state statutes and changes in those laws that pertain specifically to subrogation. Responsible for caseload of 300-350 files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and continues the pursuit of subrogation on a current case load.
- Evaluates the legal liability to pursue recovery including the duty owed, breach of that duty, proximate cause, and damages.
- Identifies and pursues alternative avenues of recovery that may not have been previously investigated. Directs the claims investigation when needed so that a proper foundation is laid to rule out or confirm the potential of recovery.
- Ability to identify gaps in investigation and take initiative to complete investigations, including securing of official reports, taking statements, etc.
- Effectively communicates with policyholders, insurance adjusters, underwriters, attorneys, and agents in a timely and professional manner.
- Establishes accurate recovery projection based upon liability and damages.
- Maintains and controls the subrogation pursuit through collaboration with attorneys, vendors, and insureds.
- Utilizes a diary system to proactively move claims toward recovery resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2-year degree or higher preferred.
- 3+ years subrogation experience.
- Must possess a current Florida Adjusters license or required jurisdictional licensing.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Must have negotiation and litigation skills for heavy work with attorneys and arbitration on first- and third-party claims.
- Must be able to work independently and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to travel when needed.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software. (Microsoft Office platform.)