Remote Working From Home
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off Program
- And Much More
Premier TPA with Growth Opportunities is searching for Bodily Injury Claims Unit Manager for our Commercial Auto / Commercial Trucking Teams.
Senior-level claims position to oversee a unit of 5-8 people and their respective caseloads. Manage your units claim metrics and ensure they are kept current. Oversee all aspects of file handling on pending claims which will include facts of loss, coverage analysis, investigation, negligence/compensability/liability determinations, damage assessment and coordination of medical care as appropriate. Approve and monitor litigation management, settlement negotiations, and appropriate use of vendor table. Establish and approve reserves as needed. Ability to attend conferences, client meetings, mentor adjusters and assist management as requested. Ensure files assigned to the unit are handled within state statutes, Client Claim Handling Guidelines and NARS Best Practices. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned, which may include travel.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2-year degree or higher preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of overall claims and litigation experience, preferably in the line of business being handled.
- Must have 5+ years of Claims Supervisory experience or similar/related experience in the appropriate field, including restaurant/premises, and product liability experience.
- Must be eligible for reserve/payment authority level of $100,000+ (where client appropriate).
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Florida Adjuster’s license or other required jurisdictional licensing.
- Advanced level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Requires advanced technical skills and ability to assist claims unit adjusters with litigation direction and settlement negotiations with attorneys and arbitrators on first and third-party claims.
- Advanced ability to work independently.
- Advanced level of organization and time management skills.
- Advanced level written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to analyze claims data and explain and appropriately respond to auditors, clients, and potential clients during in-person presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software (Microsoft Office platform).
- Requires some travel, including overnight and weekends, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Requires some lifting of boxes (marketing materials and displays) up to approximately 20 pounds.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- 24/7 accessibility required.
- Must have Sales or Marketing aptitude.
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens from either a desktop or laptop computer.
- Requires long periods of sitting.
In the spirit of pay transparency we are excited to share the base salary for the position of Claims Unit Manager is $80,000 -$100,000 exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonuses. This position is also eligible for an annual performance raise if all guidelines are met. Your salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education and or experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equality and consider internal equality of our current team members as a final part of any offer. Please keep in mind that range mentioned above is full base salary range for the role. Hiring at maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package.