Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off Program
- And Much More
TPA with Growth Opportunities – Needs a Claims Unit Manager (Auto Property Damage & Bodily Injury) for our Commercial Auto/Commercial Trucking Team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively supervise unit of 5-8 claims people and their respective caseloads in a proactive manner.
- Adhere to all file handling standards, NARS Best Practices, state statutes and requirements necessary to pass audits performed by regulatory agencies, carriers, and clients. Form well written emails and LLR's internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client, company, and personnel information.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance to ensure company objectives are met.
- Review and respond to claim appeals and grievances, investigate, and respond to complaints.
- Adhere to the policy and procedures of NARS.
- Lead and manage by example to promote culture of service and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership to achieve key business goals.
- Assign accountability for desired outcomes and hold adjusters to required dates.
- Communicate clearly and provide adequate direction.
- Track trends by program and unit – know the team’s claims when a client asks.
- Know the Team’s Clients and be able to confidently discuss their claims.
- Effectively manage corrective action processes in accordance with Human Resource guidelines.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2-year degree or higher preferred.
- Must have 7+ years of overall claims and litigation experience, preferably in the line of business being handled.
- Preferred 2+ years Claims Supervisory experience or similar/related experience in the appropriate field.
- Claims designation (AIC, ARM, CPCU, SCLA or other industry related) preferred.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Florida Adjuster’s license or other required jurisdictional licensing.
- Advanced level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Requires advanced technical skills and ability to assist claims unit adjusters with litigation direction and settlement negotiations with attorneys and arbitrators on first and third- party claims.
- Advanced ability to work independently.
- Advanced level of organization and time management skills.
- Advanced level written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to analyze claims data and explain and appropriately respond to auditors, clients, and potential clients during in-person presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (Microsoft Office platform).
- Requires some travel including overnight and weekends as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Requires some lifting of boxes (marketing materials and displays) up to approximately 20 pounds.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- 24/7 accessibility required.
- Must have Sales or Marketing aptitude.
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens from either a desktop or laptop computer.
- Requires long periods of sitting.
In the spirit of pay transparency we are excited to share the base salary for the position of Claims Unit Manager is $80,000 - $100,000, exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonuses. This position is also eligible for an annual performance raise if all guidelines are met. Your salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education and or experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equality and consider internal equality of our current team members as a final part of any offer. Please keep in mind that range mentioned above is full base salary range for the role. Hiring at maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package.