Under leadership of the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Accounting Manager is accountable for the accurate review and reconciliation of all month end accounting procedures, while providing timely and accurate financial reporting to senior executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing monthly close and related processing and analysis (e.g., financial analysis, journal entry preparation).
- Preparing and analyzing account reconciliations, including those related to accounting processes.
- Preparing quarterly/annual GAAP financial statements and schedules/exhibits in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Preparing monthly internal financial results for senior leadership.
- Preparing analytical schedules, analyzing variances, and providing analytical support for internal requests.
- Analyzing and reconciling balance sheet accounts and key profit and loss accounts with follow-up on outstanding issues.
- Managing accounts receivable team, record and verify payments received, and note past due accounts. Provides guidance and direction to team on handling daily workload and meeting responsibilities within established deadlines.
- Supervise, oversee, and ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices.
- Interface with third party auditors and coordinate with other internal parties to complete and provide all information as required for regulatory and financial audits.
- Ensure the integrity of all accounting records including general ledger, income statement and balance sheet reporting.
- Review and approve tax returns to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
Education / Licensing:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 6-10+ years of general accounting experience required.
- Strong corporate finance background.
- Financial services experience is a plus.
- Technically competent in commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the accounting field.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite; experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other accounting software is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, business principles, GAAP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of financial statement preparation & analysis.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.