Commercial & Personal Auto Lines Team
- Full-Time Position
- Full Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision – And Much More)
Our Auto Claims Desk Appraiser investigates, evaluates, and appraises damaged motor vehicles for commercial auto lines and personal auto lines with a caseload of 10 appraisals per day of varying conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines first and third-party vehicle damage.
- Follows the company photograph guidelines to verify the identity of the vehicle and to thoroughly document current condition/damage, prior damage, vehicle options, etc.
- Reviews estimates submitted with photos and subrogation demands.
- Prepares accurate written appraisals to determine and verify the extent of vehicular damage.
- Ensures adherence to claims procedures and guidelines prescribed by the company and account handling instructions to produce a high-quality work product.
- Negotiates repair prices with repair facilities and secures agreed prices for repairs.
- Maintains a list of company approved part suppliers and uses these firms whenever possible/applicable to control the cost of repairs and to ensure quality work.
- Obtains all necessary documentation to substantiate the appraisal and/or settlement being offered.
- Returns completed appraisal to the handling adjuster no later than 24 hours from date of inspection, receipt of photos, subrogation demands or owners’ choice estimates.
- Requests photos from repair facilities, creates estimates and establishes an agreed upon price on reinspects within two (2) business days.
Education / Licensing:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years of experience in automobile appraising required (personal auto lines required, commercial auto lines preferred).
- Must possess and/or have the ability to obtain, a Florida Adjuster’s license or other required jurisdictional licensing.
- Insurance carrier experience is a plus.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must have good planning and organizing skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Some positions may require specific bilingual skills.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with conflict.
In the spirit of pay transparency we are excited to share the base salary for the position of Desk Appraiser – Auto Claims is $45,000 -$70,000, exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonuses. This position is also eligible for an annual performance raise if all guidelines are met. Your salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education and or experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equality and consider internal equality of our current team members as a final part of any offer. Please keep in mind that range mentioned above is full base salary range for the role. Hiring at maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package.