Design and develop creative learner-centered, performance-based claim training programs. Utilize various learning and development resources and tools to optimize the training experience and outcomes. Deliver ongoing training to employees to address professional development and compliance needs, along with other training programs that support organizational initiatives. Collaborate with cross-functional leaders and resources when designing programs to ensure they meet customer and organizational needs. Partner with Training Manager to develop NARS University (Learning Management System) into an industry-leading training and development resource for all employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the role of project leader for the design and development of curriculum, learning tools, and course materials for training courses and development programs.
- Analyze training needs and requests, identify skill gaps, and define the objectives and approach to best address and meet the desired goal(s) of training.
- Assist in the evaluation of training materials and programs offered by vendors, including "off the shelf" products.
- Collaborate with trainers and SMEs to create, update, and enhance existing content of current training courses and resources as needed.
- Use good technical writing skills to develop content and instruction for materials based on design specifications.
- Demonstrate excellent people-oriented communication and project management skills.
- Facilitate and lead training classes using proven and creative methods and techniques.
- Collaborate with other departments to onboard new and innovative programs, software, and processes as needed.
- Assist HR with implementing new compliance training programs on Ethics, Anti-Harassment, SIU, and any other classes as needed.
- Measure effectiveness of training programs and make necessary adjustments to maximize knowledge transfer and success.
- Manage the overall implementation of assigned learning programs.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; 2-year degree or higher preferred.
- Previous instructional design and/or training experience required insurance industry. Experience and background are highly preferred.
- Multi-line adjusting experience and licensing are preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverages, principles, terminology, customs, and practices.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, workflow and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a unique and engaging approach.
- Requires advanced ability to work independently.
- Requires advanced level of organization and time management skills.
- Must possess advanced level written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (Microsoft Office platform).
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Travel will be required on as needed basis.
- Requires some lifting of boxes (marketing materials and displays) up to approximately 20 pounds.
- Ability to persuade, educate, and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations/reports to management team.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens.
- Able to sit for long periods of time at a computer desk.