The purpose of a Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is to test and review software applications for inefficiencies, defects, and errors before the software application is delivered to the end user. Since no software can be created 100% defect free, the QA Analyst is also responsible for working with end users in tracking reports of software issues and working with the software developers for remediation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure software applications comply with all product requirements and meet all user expectations.
- Identify procedures and scenarios for applying quality controls over software applications, including analysis of UI/UX, security, and performance.
- Design and implement test plans and underlying test methods for software applications.
- Apply quantitative test methods and communicate test results to the software development team.
- Process application errors and defects reported from users and monitor and work with the development team for resolutions.
- Compile and analyze data for improvements that would further enhance software applications.
Education / Licensing / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent program, or a combination of experience and/or technical certifications
- 2+ years of experience.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to realize possible problem points and deficiencies in software applications and systems.
- Ability to design and implement technical controls, including automated tests for CI/CD, regression testing, and integrated testing.
- Ability to perform SQL operations to test data issues and implement database testing.
- Knowledge of software development languages with a preferred fluency in at least one industry language (Java, Python, C#, etc.).
- Documentation skills to write complete test plans and report results.
- Excellent people communication and customer service skills
- Requires some travel, including overnight as needed.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- 24/7 accessibility is required.
- It may require some lifting of boxes (marketing materials and displays) up to approximately 20 pounds.
- Requires ability to attend meetings via Webinar/Skype or other video access.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Repeated use of keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens from either a desktop or laptop computer.