Assist Accounting Manager with all aspects of oversight of the accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for oversight of accounting associates in all aspects of accounting.
- Prepare monthly financial and various detailed reports.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation with bank of reports on claim program.
- Monthly reconciliation on claim program with the Claim Department.
- Balance recoveries with the claim system and bank.
- Daily upload of files to bank websites.
- Error detection and correction.
- Communicate with clients to resolve accounting issues.
- Serve as backup for processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with the clearing of checks and stop payments.
- Assist with all audits.
- Assist with other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.
- Implementing setting up new bank accounts for new clients.
- Budget Reporting.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2-year degree or higher preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Exception analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Accurate typing of 55+ wpm
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of Crystal reports
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial AP & AR
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office-based products
- Knowledge of copier use
- Must be able to explain and appropriately respond to auditors, clients, and potential clients during in-person presentations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time Management
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Requires sitting for a long period of time, repetitive movements with the computer mouse and keystrokes.
- Must be able to effectively interact with employees, vendors, and administration on a daily basis.